COUNTDOWN TO: Tax Day 2021

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 9.54.55 AM.png

Juli Charlesworth, CPA, is a member of Wealth Management Reps, a group of financial professionals who work together to strengthen the marketing and education aspects of their financial services business, all while maintaining individual offices and servicing their own clients. Part of that association is a wealth of information for use by our clients. These links will take you to an outside website.


What is needed for your tax return?


Provide the following if applicable:

♦ Copy of your non-expired driver’s license (or ID), if not provided last tax season

♦ New clients only: copy of your 2019 tax return prepared elsewhere

♦ Amount of Economic Income Payment aka “stimulus check” received

♦ Voided check for direct deposit or electronic payment of balance due (if not on file)

♦ Form(s) W-2 (wages, etc.)

♦ Form(s) 1099 (interest, dividends, retirement, social security, unemployment and other income)

♦ Records of estimated taxes paid

♦ HSA forms (contributions to and distributions from)

♦ Childcare provider information

♦ Indiana property (real estate) taxes paid on your main residence in 2020

♦ Donation total up to $300 for single ($600 married filing joint) in 2020 (new this year)

♦ Form(s) 1098 (mortgage interest, tuition, student loans)

♦ Contributions to Indiana College Choice 529 Plans

♦ Many Americans can no longer itemize. If you think your total itemized deductions are more than $12,000 for single taxpayers and $24,000 for married, send in totals of itemized deduction categories (license plate excise taxes, contributions, medical (even higher limitations, property taxes on all properties)

♦ Schedule(s) K-1 (income/loss from partnerships, LLCs, S corps)

♦ Health Insurance Marketplace forms

♦ Brokerage statements from stock, bond or other investment transactions such as mutual fund statements

♦ Pandemic related business loans or credits (bring details)

♦ Cryptocurrency (e.g. Bitcoin) sales and/or earnings

♦ Closing statements pertaining to 2020 real estate transactions (purchases and sales)

♦ Any tax notices received from the IRS or other taxing agency

♦ Life Insurance Policies which you would like a complimentary review

♦ 401K documents from current or prior employment for learning about options available to you

When to call us throughout the year?


Situations where you may need advice and are encouraged to call our office during the year:

♦If you would like to evaluate potential options for cash, CDs or bonds

♦ Anytime you want to start a new journey for the way you are now saving for college, retirement or any financial goal*

♦ Before receiving a distribution from a 401K, IRA or other pension

♦ Before starting or converting an IRA (individual retirement account)

♦ Buy or sell a house or rental property

♦ Receive an inheritance

♦ Sell or redeem more than $5,000 in stocks, bonds or mutual funds

♦ Start, sell or close a small business

♦ Retire or start receiving Social Security

♦ If your investment time horizon changes

♦ Receive a notice from the IRS or DOR

♦ Any situation needing a second opinion

♦ If you would like a complimentary life insurance review

♦ Decide you want to protect your assets from the potential of rising costs of long term care

♦ When you decide to have me be the representative of record on your investment accounts

♦ If you have a friend or relative whom you would like to refer to us

♦ If you would like an analysis of your financial situation